Shannon over at Dirt n Kids gave me an award! I feel so special.
I was really excited to have found her blog. It’s not very often that I find another gardener with a blog who is also in Texas. Nevermind that she writes great posts about her gardens, and her family, and BUGS! (and lizards! and compost! oh, my!) I thoroughly look forward to her posts when they appear in my Reader.
I’m not terribly sure how this award business works, so forgive me if I break protocol. I gather that I’m supposed to share random information about myself now? Let’s see…
- I’m a fairly private person. As much as “overshare” has become a thing in our vocabularies these days, I would be much more guilty of being an “undersharer” than an “oversharer.”
- I didn’t know the name of my favorite flower for the first six years it was my favorite flower.
- My favorite flower is the blossoms on a Pride of Barbados. I don’t actually have one in my yard (yet.)
- I like bacon more than I think most people do. I probably eat a pound of it a week.
- Before I gardened, I made quilts. I still haven’t finished the last quilt I made (sorry, Brother and Sis-in-law!)
- I don’t actually like to eat tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, cucumbers, or a handful of other things that I like to grow.
- I played soccer for thirteen years growing up. I started up again a couple years ago. I dropped it again this past spring. I miss it and plan to start up again in the fall. As my mother said, if I want to do it, I’d better do it while I still can! 😉
As for who bring sunshine into my days?
Marie over at Garden Fresh Tomatoes aka My Little Corner of Rhode Island really does. Not only is there actual sunshine in many of her pictures, she’s so real and full of sunshine herself!
And Claire over at Promenade Plantings also brightens my days! She not only takes great photos, but has a real down to earth (ha!) perspective that I find simply refreshing.